6:00 – 7:00:
- Pizza Networking – Informal networking opportunity before the meeting (let me know by Noon on Tuesday if you are planning to attend, so enough pizza can be ordered)
7:00 – 8:00
- Club Announcements – I’m always working on something new, and if you miss the meeting you won’t know what that is.
- Legal Minute with attorney Rob Xides
- Accounting Minute with accountant Marty Schwartz
- Landlord Minute with Chuck Pupich
- Properties for sale – Members can present one property for sale. Bring your For Sale properties to the meeting, setup flyers on our For Sale table, and make some money while you learn.
- Vendor Parade – Come and see our vendors. We have a great array of service providers.
8:00 – 9:00 Landlord Education Time
- Part A: Amy Snider (ACTION-Housing), Chuck Keenan (Allegheny County Department of Human Services), Adrienne Walnoha (Community Human Services) – We would like to introduce the group to a new initiative in Allegheny County called the Housing Connector, which launched about a year ago to assist people with disabilities to locate and sustain the housing of their choice, in the community of their choice. As part of this initiative, the Housing Connector is doing outreach to different groups (like landlords) to collect feedback on what challenging behaviors they are seeing from people with whom they interact (like tenants and prospective tenants). We want to hear from landlords about their experiences with issues such as challenging behaviors, housekeeping, and lease violations, as well as what would be useful to help handle these situations. This will be an opportunity for the group to provide feedback to Housing Connector staff so that we can develop resources for when landlords face these difficult circumstances.
- Part B: Shawn O’Brien of Tru Landlord – Will be presenting property management software to help landlords profitably manage their own properties. Being able to track and understand your numbers is a huge step towards effectively managing your rentals. I don’t want to give his entire presentation away, but you will enjoy it and you will learn a lot fro Shawn.